Daniel's Seventy Sevens Prophecy:
Seventy Weeks Explained
By Mary E. Lewis, 2014
Daniels’ seventy-sevens is YaHavah's linear calendar to the end. Counting the years from Adam, the calendar begins in AM 3932. The seventy sevens prophecy contains the timeline and guidelines that lead to the end of sin. The doctrine that the seventy sevens prophecy was finished in the first century is a death trap. Sin has not ended nor will it end until Satan is sent to the pit of hell never to be released again.
- Daniel 9:24—Seventy weeks are determined upon your people and upon your holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
- 25—Know therefore and understand, [that] after the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem to the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26a—And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself.
- 26b—The people of the prince that shall come shall batter and corrupt the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined. 27—And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the tribute to cease, and because of the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] waste, even to the end, and that decreed shall be poured upon the ruined.
The remnant of Israel is the primary people in this prophecy. However, the Song of Solomon describes the remnant as the sleeping bride. Her companions are the daughters of Jerusalem, aka, Gentiles/Christians. They are instructed not to awaken the Bride before the Bridegroom returns. The Bride (remnant Jews) and her companions (Sealed and faithful Christians) all remain together until the Bridegroom comes for them. The Bride does not awaken until the Groom is ready to return. In the Book of Revelation, the number of the remnant of Israel is 144,000 souls.
- Song of Solomon 2:7—[Groom] I charge you, O you daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that you stir not up, nor awake [my] love, till he please.
According to Daniel 9:25, the seventy weeks begins with Cyrus’ decree to restore Jerusalem and the temple. The timing pattern is set by the first time frame of seven sevens (49 years) in Daniel’s prophecy of seventy sevens and repeats through the first coming of Christ (62 sevens or 434 years) to his second coming in the seventh year of the last time period of 7 years.
Israel’s Messiah is Jesus Christ who paid the price of death for Adam’s sin and all people. Note that Daniel’s seventy sevens cannot end until Jesus returns. The proof is in everlasting righteousness, which Jesus will bring with him at his second coming. Only then, will there be no more sin, regardless of how
many Bible scholars say sin was finished at the cross of Christ or at any other perceived time. The cross offers reconciliation to those who will accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Even so, we have only to look at all the wars and other abominations to YHVH to see that everlasting righteousness is not here, yet. Believers have the Spirit anointing to help them overcome sin and get over the bumps in the road.
Daniel’s prophecy provides straightforward and narrow guidelines to follow. The Book of Revelation and other writing prophets fill in the details. Interpretation of all end time prophecies from YHVH and recorded in the Bible, are to agree with the timing and word parameters YHVH placed in his prophecy of seventy sevens. The simple end time statements of the seventy sevens prophecy are meant to keep interpretation down to simple Bible knowledge and understanding.
Note, too, that this prophecy does not include any secret calling out of the Saints before, in the middle, or at the end of the last seven years. The operative word is SECRET. Remember, secret knowledge is a devise of Satan.
The last seven years is the final sifting of all ethnic groups and people of all religious beliefs, including the then living Christians, which means the entire world population who are alive when the last seven years begins. Preparing for the Lord’s return is to live and die as faithful Believers. Right now is always the time of decision, BECAUSE THE GRAVE IS ALWAYS IMMINENT.
YHVH has only one true son, Jesus Christ. Christians are adopted into the family of YHVH and Son by grace. That puts all ethnic groups, Jew and Gentile, in the position of adopted children by grace through Jesus Christ. As long as Christians listen to false teaching, as the majority do, transgressions do exist against Father and Son.
Repeatedly, YHVH sent his prophets to call the people back to him. Repeatedly, they would not listen. Transgressing Christians will receive no special favors that YHVH does not give to his chosen people, the tribes of Israel. Transgression is transgression, sin is sin, and false teachings are lies against YHVH and Jesus. Until Christians and Bible scholars start weeding out their doctrinal differences and turning to YHVH for counsel and understanding, they will be treated no differently than any other sinner.
YHVH’s BIBLE CALENDAR
- Daniel 9:25-26a -- 25—Know therefore and understand, [that] after the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem to the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26a—And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
This prophecy could also be called "Daniel's seventy sevens calendar countdown.” Daniel’s prophecy addresses the unfinished sin of the 12 tribes of Israel; however, the entire human race from the beginning are sons of Adam by the sin he inflicted onto us by his disobedience to YaHavah. Jesus gave us a way out from under that affliction by redemption under his own shed blood for Adam's sin.
YaHavah promised a second redemption for Israel, the first was from Egypt for those who put the blood of a lamb on the lentil of their door. The second will be by the blood of the lamb, Jesus. Israel holds a special place in the fulfillment of prophecy discussed fully in my book Prophecy Trilogy. At no time will the Church replace Israel.
The timing of Daniel’s seventy sevens is based on Land Sabbaths (7 years) and Jubilee (the 50th year or beginning of the next 49 years). The count of seven weeks (7 Land Sabbaths) is a 49-year block of time. This is the pattern for the entire time between the beginning of the seventy sevens and the end (White Throne Judgment). The end of the timing is not with the return of Jesus; it goes all the way to the White Throne Judgment because the last seven years cannot end until the end of the millennium. Only then will prophecy cease and sin be completely finished, because then is when Satan is cast into the pit for eternity where he can no longer deceive and Adam's stigma of the knowledge of good and evil will no longer exist.
The Seventy sevens began in the first year of Cyrus in 539 BC with the decree to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. From beginning to end is the last generation. The first generation ended with the flood with Noah and his family to continue (1,657 years). The second generation ended in the Babylonian captivity (2,275 years). The third generation is in the seventy sevens calendar that is at this time in 2014, 2,463 years old and counting.
- Daniel 9:26b-27 — 26b—and the people of the prince that shall come shall batter and corrupt the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and to the end of the war desolations are determined. 27—and he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the tribute to cease, and because of the overspreading of abominations [he shall cause] desolation, even to the end, and that determined shall be poured upon the ruined.
The end of the main block of 49 times 49 blocks ended in the Gregorian year 2000 AD. The additional seven blocks of 49 years is only to show how the calendar will continue the countdown to the end.
Jesus was crucified, resurrected, and ascended at the beginning of the chronological seventieth week that is the last seven years of his 49-year block. So it is reasonable to say he will return in a Land Sabbath year at the end of a seven-year period, which means the Land Sabbath of the last seven years of a 49-year block so that his return will bring the end into a Grand Jubilee.
Before you buy into one or more of the complicated timing charts offered by various theories on the return of Jesus and whose time lines are also based on current events and conjecture, consider these Bible points:
1.The seventy sevens are based on Land Sabbaths and Jubilee. 2.The high points of Jesus' life and ministry is based on the three Feasts of YaHavah (Exodus 23:14-19) 3.birth (see Luke intro in Word of YHVH Bible), anointing (baptism), and crucifixion at the time of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (Passover), 4.his ascension (Acts 1:9-11) and glorification (Revelation 5:6) in heaven at the Feast of Harvest (Pentecost, Acts 2:1-4--first fruits), 5.He will return on a Land Sabbath at the end of the seventieth week. His millennial reign on earth will be encapsulated within the Land Sabbath year. The end of that Land Sabbath will bring everything to a closure and begin an eternal Jubilee. 6.He left at the beginning of one last seven years and will return at the end of the last, which will also be at the time of the Feast of Ingathering.
Only Father knows when that last seven years will begin; even so, he provided solid guidelines to keep the prophecy student from straying, yet so many have strayed.
There are no prophecies to be fulfilled until the seven-year agreement by the one who will be the Fourth Beast, aka, abomination of desolation, and Antichrist. The next two points are critical to understand in the interpretation of prophecy.
When he makes that seven year agreement the first trumpet will sound announcing the coming Great Day of YaHavah followed by six more year by year. Then the people of wisdom will know there are seven years left. They will also know that when the two witnesses are killed, there will be three days left.
Fires in that first year will burn billions of acres of trees and grass worldwide--one third of all the trees. Joel cried out to the people in warning, not only for his time but also for a time far in the distance.
- Joel 1:19-20—19—O YHVH, to you will I cry: for the fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness and the flame has burned all the trees of the field. 20—The beasts of the field cry also to you: for the rivers of waters are dried up and the fire has devoured the pastures of the wilderness.
- Joel 2:1-2— 1—Blow the trumpet in Zion and sound an alarm in my holy mountain. Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of YHVH comes, for [it is] nigh at hand. 2—A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there has not been ever the like, neither shall be anymore after it, [even] to the years of many generations.
The Day of God (YaHavah) is the Day that his wrath is poured out to destroy the sinners of the earth after he has removed his sealed servants to safety. Joel continues in his description of that time. This is the act that shortens to time for them. After they are out of harm's way, the bowls of wrath is poured out in the war of Armageddon. It is at this time that there will be people who did not take the mark of the Beast, neither are they sealed in the Spirit—they are luke warm and left behind the survive through YaHavah's wrath. These people will repopulate the earth for 1,000 years. They are also the reason for the release of Satan from the pit at the end of 1,000 years to test them for the final war called Gog/Magog.
In Matthew 24, Jesus said there would be birth pangs until that day. There would be wars and rumors of wars. There would be false prophets and those who would claim to be the Christ. Do not believe those who watch for the signs of the end in the newscasts and current events. These things will continue and earthquakes will increase. Accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior so you will be sealed in the Spirit for that Great Day.
The free books I offer on the Home page provide more Bible details that are essential to understanding the purpose of the seven-sealed scroll. I will say here that not all seven seals represent the last seven years.
They do represent the choices between the truth and deception throughout.
The choice is always yours to believe what you think is right or wrong; I repeat, what you think is right or wrong. Learn the truth from the Bible so you can test the spirit of all those thousands of "not so true" doctrines. Clean house to make ready for YaHavah to come in and teach you the truth. YaHavah says he hates those who say lies about him. Believing doctrines that are not true to the Bible is counted as lies against YaHavah and Jesus. He will destroy the false prophets and all who follow them.
The Word of YHVH Bible contains over 400 notes to help the Bible reader through those difficult to understand scriptures, but YaHavah has the last word.